Become part of the Hospice of Lenawee family! Here at Hospice of Lenawee, we value each and every life that comes through our doors. Join us in helping make people's lives better every day.
Due to our continued growth Hospice of Lenawee has a full-time opening in our Social Work Department.
Full time opportunity for LMSW or LLMSW to work under the supervision of our LMSW in order to obtain required supervision hours to complete full licensure process with the State of Michigan. Hospice of Lenawee full-time team members enjoy generous paid time off, 11 paid holidays, 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and many other benefits. Come find out why Hospice of Lenawee was voted Lenawee County's 2017 Non-Profit of the Year!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide initial and ongoing emotional, social, spiritual and bereavement assessment of each patient/family.
- Participate in the development of care plan for all Hospice patients.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team and serve as social work resource to this group.
- Participate in quality improvement assessment for hospice care.
- Provide direct patient care including family counseling, financial counseling, and community resource utilization upon approval by the patient/family.
- Coordinate services with community agencies, acting as advocate for the patient/family and serve as liaison between the agency and the Hospice team.
- Participate in developing the bereavement care plan before and after death of the patient.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Hospice philosophy and commitment to it.
- Ability to present self as a representative of Hospice of Lenawee to the general public.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Ability to relate sensitively to persons experiencing a loss.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to access community resources.
- Knowledge of family systems and ability to facilitate communication.
- Knowledge of issues related to chronic illness, death and dying and the grief process.
- Ability to work independently in a home setting.
- Prefer fully licensed (LMSW) or Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) and working toward full licensure.
- 1 year Social Work experience in a health care setting.
- Current Michigan registration to practice Social Work.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Automobile with current insurance.
- Recent clinical counseling experience pertinent to issues of death, loss and grief.
- Experience with dying patients and their families.
- Experience in working with community resources.
Contingent Registered Nurses
- Hospice of Lenawee is also looking for amazing contingent RN’s to join our team!
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Amy DeBruyn, Human Resources & Payroll Generalist
Human Resources: Amy DeBruyn
Admissions: Angie Eagling
Community Education & Development: Tara Faust-Gutierrez
Volunteers: Heather Rowe
Grief Support: Sharon VanTuyle
Clinical Support: Amy Francoeur
Events: Stephanie Seidel