Thank you for your interest and support of Hospice of Lenawee. We are a 501©(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing compassionate patient and family-centered care to the people of our community during and after the last season of life. Because of the generosity of our community, we are able to provide community bereavement to anyone who has experienced a loss, regardless of whether they have utilized our hospice services and we do this at no charge. In addition, our new Hospice Home has been made possible due to the support of over 1,200 donors.
When you choose to make a gift to Hospice of Lenawee, you know that you will be supporting those who you call family, friends and neighbors in Lenawee County. While hospice care is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances, we make sure that no one is turned away for inability to pay. Your donations make that possible.
Following are the different areas you may choose to support:
- Bereavement: At Hospice of Lenawee, we follow our families for at least thirteen months after the death of their loved one. We do this through individual counseling, group support, special events and ongoing groups. In addition, we provide Community Grief Support at no cost.
- Home Care: Our Home Care Team takes care of an average of 83 patients per day. We do this through a team approach that includes the patient’s family in the plan of care.
- Hospice Heart Endowment Fund: Although the Hospice benefit through Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances will cover hospice care, there are those times when someone is not eligible for coverage. In that event, Hospice of Lenawee wants to continue to provide our compassionate care with little or no cost to our patients and their families. You can make a donation to the Hospice Heart Fund to help us assure that everone is covered.
- Operations: Hospice of Lenawee is a 501©(3)non-profit organization with no affiliation to any health care system. We rely in part on your donations to provide our quality hospice services for the people in our community.
- Unrestricted: You do not have to designate your gift to any one department. If you make this choice, your donation will be used where the need is greatest.
- * For ideas on items that we are in need of at the Hospice Home and our Home Care outreach or to see the difference your monetary gift will make to our organization and our Hospice of Lenawee patients and their families, click on the HOL Wish List below.